A recent gift from The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation established the Eli and Edythe Broad Society of Fellows at USC. An annual fellowship award of $80,000 that includes one year of salary and research support will be made to an exceptional senior postdoctoral researcher within USC’s stem cell research center. This investment and prestigious recognition for a stellar senior postdoctoral fellow is designed to ensure that he/she has the resources to complete the postdoctoral fellowship and acquire preliminary data that will facilitate the transition to an independent researcher position.
The Eli and Edythe Broad Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research at USC is accepting fellowship award applications from senior postdoctoral candidates (with greater than three years but less than six years of postdoctoral experience, and affiliated with a laboratory at the Eli and Edythe Broad Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research at USC).
A complete proposal that stresses the role of funding in the completion of research at USC and the transition to an independent faculty position is due by September 15, 2015 at 5 p.m. (PST). Applications will be reviewed by an internal committee, and the successful one will be announced by December 1, 2015. The 12-month funding period begins January 1, 2016.
At the conclusion of the award period, the fellow will be evaluated by publications in reputable sources, interviews and/or offers to establish independent laboratories and external funding awards.
To be submitted as a single, merged PDF document to Qing Liu at email@example.com
- Applicant information (cover page)
- Contact information (phone, email)
- Undergraduate and doctoral degree, month/year of conferral
- Principal investigator/lab
- Month and year applicant joined the PI’s lab
- Research title, area of study
- Applicant cover letter
- Description of previous research and teaching experience
- Statement on the transformative impact he/she has had on the field of research
- Commitment to the field of stem cell biology and regenerative medicine
- Biosketch in NIH format
- Bibliography of all published works
- Research proposal (not to exceed five single-spaced pages with one-inch margins using 12-point font)
- Executive lay summary
- Brief background to the proposed research
- Specific research aims/objectives
- Significance of the proposed research
- Plan for use of funding in current research and transition to independent faculty position
- Relevance of applicant’s background to the proposed research
- Reference letters from sponsoring principal investigator and one other faculty member testifying to candidate’s qualifications for the proposed research project and candidate’s potential for successful independent research
Qing Liu, PhD
Eli and Edythe Broad Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research at USC